In 1922, Andrew Boland General Merchant, Whitechurch, New Ross, County Wexford purchased a Model T Ford Truck which he used initially to deliver meat products for the newly established Piltown Baking Company and later for General haulage in the local community. A year later he purchased a Model T Ford C Which was used as a hackney (Taxi)
In 1939, when the war broke out, all private vehicles were put off the road due to no fuel being available, however the hackney and haulage business continued to operate due to petrol allowance being allocated through a coupon system to each haulage operator.
Business slowly returned to normal after 1945 and in 1948 Andrew Boland’s and sons John and James commenced selling second hand cars from the family premises in Whitechurch, in 1956 they opened a self-drive car hire business, with an office on the Quay in Waterford. In 1958 they secured a Morris Dealership which gave John and James access to the new car market. New and used car sales expanded, and in 1965 the Boland Brothers opened a filling station in New Ross Town. Within twelve months they secured a Ford Dealership for this premises, allowing them to expand into Commercial Vehicle sales for the first time. During the late 1960’s and early 1970’s very successful car auctions were held in the New Ross Facility. To date Bolands have Continued to operate a successful Ford Dealership from the same location in New Ross. Since then the Boland Group have expanded dramatically, opening the Bolands Waterford City main BMW in 1995, which has outgrown two premises to now be located on the Butlerstown Roundabout, Cork Rd, Waterford.
“Our History is our Difference”
Featured Used Cars
2019 BMW 8 Series
63999 Kms. 840d xDrive Coupe
- Our Price €77,000
- Monthly €1558
2021 BMW 5 Series
72662 Kms. 530d xDrive SE Saloon
- Our Price €56,975
- Monthly €1153